Father | Blogger | Learner
Sr. Security Architect at Aquia
[::1]:443 - Petaluma,CA
Hi I'm David Galiata
I am passionate about the IT industry, cloud computing, and cybersecurity.
My technical background is in server infrastructure (Windows & Linux), networking, firewalls/security, storage, virtualization, and recently cloud services. I apply these skills at my current role as a Security Architect for Aquia.
In addition to my technical interests, I enjoy spending time with my family, coaching/playing/refereeing soccer, playing chess, and reading.
A brief timeline of my career:
- Dec 2021 - nowSecurity Architect at Aquia
- Jun 2021 - Dec 2021Senior Enterprise Network and Systems Consultant at Cobaltix
- Nov 2017 - Dec 2021Senior IT Systems Engineer at Nims and Associates
- Apr 2013 - Nov 2017Senior Network Engineer at KLH Consulting
- Dec 2010 - Apr 2013Engineer at Portola Systems
- Apr 2009 - Nov 2010Junior Systems Administrator at Hansel Enterprises
- Sep 2007 - Apr 2009NOC Technician at Marketlive
- Before 2007Studying IT and growing up in Sonoma County
See more about my working experiences on my LinkedIn page.
Why have this blog?
Because sharing is learning
I believe writing and sharing is the best way to learn! So I created this blog, where I keep things that I've learned, find useful, and necessary to save for later.
More than just technical stuff, there are personal thoughts about work and life from the perspective of a IT professional.
Blog Tech stack
This blog is hosted on Vercel, built with Next.js (Preact for production) and Tailwind CSS using Tailwind Nextjs Starter Blog.
Shout out Timothy Lin for the minimal, lightweight, and super easy-to-customize blog starter.
All images in this blog are from Unsplash, imgur and GIPHY - Thanks for the free resources!